Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yes! Our leaders read too!

I read in awe the interview StarMag did with our Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on his reading habit. It was a good one, too because we humble citizens of Malaysia can get to know what he reads, when he reads, and also where he buys his books. Many thanks to StarMag for doing this brilliant interview and I hope they will have more interviews with the leaders of our country. About the books they read, of course.

Our Deputy Prime Minister has over 3000 titles! Wow, so many, right? Haha! Well, you don’t need to be a Deputy Prime Minister to own over 3000 books. You can start your very own collection slowly and steadily. Buy a book every two weeks or every month. If you like, buy a new one each week, if you can afford it. You don’t have to buy only new books. You can always scour the second-hand bookshops for cheaper and yet quality books.

Datuk Seri Najib mentioned two bookshops in London, which are Hatchards and Foyles. Hatchards is the oldest bookshop in the United Kingdom while Foyle’s is the BIGGEST bookshop. I would really like to go to both places one fine day. He said that you can get lost in Foyles and I would really want to do that! I love getting lost in big bookshops such as Borders and MPH. I would dearly like to list Kinokuniya, too but I don’t go there often. I think I have only been there twice. I don’t live in Kuala Lumpur, you see.

Anyway, you can get a 25% discount for 4 books at Kinokuniya Bookstore, Suria KLCC until the 1st of April 2007. Well, Datuk Seri Najib owns these 4 titles, so you can get them too if you want. You need to present the article from StarMag when purchasing the books.

Here are the titles:

· A Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
· Attila the Hun John Man
· Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
· Churchill: A Biography by Roy Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...