Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How Many Books Did You Read In June?

Well, I managed to read 6 books! Here are the links to my reviews:

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul
Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Crazy Fool Kills Five by Gwen Freeman
The Poem I Turn To edited by Jason Shinder

Well, at least I read more books than in May. Hmm...I gotta get back into the reading gear again! My performance is absolutely terrible! LOL! But it's okay. I'll try harder in July.

Incidentally, I have to brace myself for challenges starting this month or end of last. The YA Romance Challenge, July Book Blowout, and Raved-About Reads Challenge.

Well, the next book I'm going to read is Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer. Do you know who is Heyer? She wrote historical romance! Romance is not really my favourite genre but I'm always open to different books and authors. I've also read a few reviews on Heyer's books and they are mostly positive. So, I guess I'm in for a good book.

By the way, school starts in less than a week!

5 comments:

  1. I read 5 books in May, a far cry from the 18 I read in January (winter is VERY quiet in my town). There is so much I want to read, and as much as I love curling up with a good book, I don't mind not reading a lot during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 17 books in June. However, July will be so busy I will be lucky to get 5 in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What google search did you do to find me? How exciting!
    Apparently from what I can tell, The Korean Palace of Honolulu is not yet available to the public. I looked at Amazon and Good Reads as well. The copy I have is a partially edited version and huge as you say, as it is 8 1/2 by 11 inches. I have read the first chapter so far and I'm intrigued to find out what is going to happen.
    Keep me posted on your reading progress too!
    Trixie
    http://trixiejames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 6 books in one month? That is great! I am currently reading Inkspell and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. charley: 5 books is wonderful! 18? I'm speechless! LOL! I know it's nice to curl up to read somewhere warm and nice when it's cold or raining outside.

    pinkprincessmommy: 17 to 5? Wow, you must be pretty busy! Don't fret, your books will still be there. :)

    trixie: I did a search for the Korean Palace book in Google and tada(!!!), your site was among the ones listed there. I won't be reading it this month yet...classes starting soon! :( Hope I can to it as soon as possible.

    samantha: Hi, I've heard of Inkspell...interesting title! I'm adding that to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...