Thursday, July 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Vacation Spots

Do you buy books while on vacation/holiday?
Do you have favorite bookstores that you only get to visit while away on a trip?
What/Where are they?
It depends on where my vacation is and how much the books cost. My last vacation was in China and there weren't many English books there. I'd rather buy them here in Malaysia where there's a variety of books and affordable too.

I was also in Hong Kong's airport for a few hours and spent my time checking out the books there. There were some good books but too bad, they're too pricey. It is the airport, anyway. Books at airports are always expensive, aren't they? Well, it is expensive for us in our local airports.

Bottomline is, if I see a good book wherever I am, I'll just buy it regardless of whether I'm on vacation or not. So, no, I don't have favourite vacation bookstores. The only favourite bookstores of mine are right here in my hometown!

6 comments:

  1. Books at airports are always expensive, aren't they?

    Everything is expensive at the airport. They have you trapped and they know it, so they wring you for whatever they can get. AND, apparaently from what readerville said, the books at the airport's aren't that good, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I take along my reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually buy books because i work in a bookstore and I get a discount at home. Occasionally will buy a magazine if going on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I've forgotten to mention that the bookstores in airports is a must to visit too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookstores in airports cater to the masses. I seldom ever find good books there.

    Here is my BTT post

    ReplyDelete
  6. thekoolaidmom: Hi, yeah, you're absolutely right. Nothing's cheap at the airport. When I'm there, it's only window shopping! True, the book selection there is not that good anyway. It's better to buy from the bookshops near my home.

    smilingsal: Hi, smart of you!

    confuzzled books: Hi, cool, working in a bookstore! I've always wanted to work in Borders!

    Melody: Hi, but the books are too darn expensive...can only look through them.

    gautami tripathy: Hi, that's too bad. Then, it's better to head off to the candy store at the airport!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...