Monday, July 14, 2008

Book Blowout: Mini Challenge 2

Ooh, a second mini challenge for July's Book Blowout! This time, it's Where's Your Book Set? Meme. I got it from Blue Archipelago. Feel free to join in too if you want. :) All you need to do is answer 5 questions about the book you're reading or just finished reading. Here are the questions!

1. Title and author of the book
Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer.

2. What year is the book set in?
It's a Regency romance. Therefore, early 19th century. I got this piece of info from Wikipedia!

3. What happened on this day in that year? Go to google and type in the date ie 13 July 1952 and see if you can find a news item for that day
I'm going to find any July 14 day in the 19th century. So, this is what I found:

July 14, 1862: Florence Bascom
geologist: first woman geologist appointed to the U.S. Geological Survey and first to be elected a Fellow of the Geological Society of America; associate editor: American Geologist; educator: Bryn Mawr, Ohio State; 1st woman to receive a doctorate degree: Johns Hopkins University [1893]; died June 18, 1945
*Found here*

4. Where is your book set?
England, if I'm not mistaken.

5. Have you visited that place before? If yes tell us something about your trip. If no, look the location up on google and tell us an interesting fact about the city/country.
No, I haven't been to England or Europe before. I'd LOVE to go there someday. The food, the bookstores, the scenery, the double-decker buses, Buckingham Palace, they're all waiting for me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...