Wednesday, January 3, 2007

List of Books That I Want To Read

One day, a few years ago, I thought, 'Hmmm, why not I compile a list of books that I want to buy/borrow/beg to read?' And it's quite a long list but unfortunately, due to financial constraints or lack of time, I only managed to finish off a few books. Here is my list:
  1. Teen Ink, Our Voices, Our Visions
  2. Life Lists for Teens: Tips, Steps, Hints and How-tos...
  3. The 7 Best Things (Smart) Teens Do
  4. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
  5. How to Deal (Speak)
  6. Dear Nobody
  7. The Opposite of Chocolate
  8. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
  9. The Haunting of Cassie Palmer by Vivien Alcock
  10. The Cuckoo Sister by Vivien Alcock
  11. The Sylvia Game by Vivien Alcock
  12. The Boy Who Swallowed A Ghost by Vivien Alcock
  13. To Kill A Mockingbird by Lee Harper
  14. The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner
  15. It's a Long Way From Penny Apples by Bill Cullen
  16. Dealing with Relatives (...Even if You Can't Stand Them!) by Dr Rick Brinkman and Dr Rick Kirschner
  17. Stately Pursuits by Katie Fforde
  18. Little Darlings by Sam Llewellyn
  19. Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
  20. Eddie Dickens
  21. Unlikely Exploits
  22. Saffy's Angel by Hilary McKay
  23. Indigo's Star
  24. White Boots by Noel Streatfeild
  25. The Family from One End Street by Eve Garnett
  26. The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones
  27. Little Black Book of Stories by A.S. Byatt
  28. Mirrors
  29. Kids' Night In
  30. Eating Words for Breakfast
  31. Ten of the Best: School Stories With a Difference
  32. Forever by Judy Blume
  33. Baby Blue by Julia Green
  34. Lost and Found by Valerie Mendes
  35. My Heartbeat by Garret Freymann-Weyr
  36. Harriet The Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
  37. Ballet Shoes for Anna by Noel Streatfeild
  38. Possession: A Romance by A.S. Byatt
  39. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  40. Middlemarch by George Eliot
  41. Vilette by Charlotte Bronte
  42. Lola Rose by Jacqueline Wilson
  43. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
  44. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  45. Bootleg by Alex Shearer
  46. Doctor Illuminatus
  47. Soul Stealer by M. Booth
  48. In the Shadow of the Ark by Anne Provoost
  49. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
  50. Lionboy - The Chase by Zizou Corder
  51. Becoming Naomi Leon by Pam Munoz Ryan
  52. Private Peaceful by Michael Morpugo
  53. Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
  54. Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers
  55. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  56. The Power of One by Bryce Courtney
  57. The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaardner
  58. Kingdom by the Sea by Robert Westall
  59. The Dark House by Marcus Sedgwick
  60. A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin
  61. Heavy Metal and You by Christopher Krovatin
  62. Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce
  63. Swan Sister - Fairy Tales Retold
  64. Crank
  65. Ruby the Red Fairy
  66. Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
  67. Sophie's Bakery for the Broken Hearted by Lolly Winston
  68. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  69. Saturday by Ian McEwan
  70. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  71. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  72. Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
  73. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  74. An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
  75. Boy by James Hanley
Whew! It is rather a long list! But, I stopped adding to this list some time ago. There are more, which I would love to read. And if any of you readers have read any of the books I've listed above, please tell me if the book is worth reading or not. It's quite sad judging by the few books I've only read from my list. But, nothing is impossible, my friends. Where there's a will, there's a way.

7 comments:

  1. Wow... U read a lot of books.... I hardly have time to read only spend sometime reading newspaper.. Haha... Anyway I'm goin to add you to my Blogroll, Hope u will add me too... Well, hope my tips can help u increase your Adsense revenue... Btw, try text link ads(u can find the link at my blog), coz it will earn much more faster. C ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi greenleaf, no those aren't the books I've read. I haven't read them yet but would like to. =) Thanks for adding me, I'll add you too. Okay, I'll try text link ads, are they legal on Blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I C... Haha... The Text Link Ads is legal. No prob so far... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's my opinion from one book lover to another:

    THE ALCHEMIST is a simple book but totally life changing and you absolutely HAVE to read it.

    A CHRISTMAS CAROL is a classic. got to read that one.

    HALF BLOODED PRINCE is just so-so but after reading all the other HP, how can one not read this one;)?

    LEMONY SNICKET is hilarious. a quick and fun read.

    THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN is absolutely divine. get tissue paper ready as you reach the middle of the book. you have to read this one!

    WUTHERING HEIGHTS is strictly if you like this kind of genres. i found it a little draggy to read, but an interesting book to reflect on AFTER you've struggled through the pages.

    i would trust anything my LOUISA MAY ALCOTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you philters for your comments! I really appreciate it. Yeah, I think books by Mitch Albom have the ability to make one cry. Tuesdays With Morrie moved me too, so I'm looking forward to The Five People You Meet In Heaven.

    And I also agree that classics can sometimes be a bore. I tried reading Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen (the unabridged version) and it went on and on. Really boring. yawn...

    Thanks again philters! Have a great day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a long list I suggest you compile that into a Wishlist (maybe at Amazon) so one of these days somebody might give those listed books to you as a gift, Hahaha...
    What does it mean by crashed out in the list? Are those eliminated because you have read it already or you simply crashed it out because you don't like it anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, it sounds like a very good idea to me. Yeah, I might just compile a list on Amazon or maybe Froogle! Thanks for the suggestion.
    And those that I cancelled off are the ones that I've read already.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...