Friday, November 7, 2008

On The Hunt For Enid Blyton Books

My latest obsessive hobby is finding and buying as many Enid Blyton books as possible. I have quite a sad collection of her books before this actually and I call myself an Enid Blyton fan! Well then, I'm on my way to getting more of her books to add to my collection.

I've not read all of her books yet. The ones that I've read were the Barney mysteries, The Twins at St. Clare's, Malory Towers, The Five Find-Outers and Dog, Adventures of the Wishing Chair books, Naughtiest Girl books and those books about pixies, elves, fairies, toys coming to life, etc. Right now I'm trying to find all the 15 books in the Five Find-Outers series. So far, I already have 12 of them...still looking for three more! That's where Book Mooch comes in! :D

Famous Five? Secret Seven? I think I've read only one or two from Famous Five and I've read none from Secret Seven! My sister didn't introduce them to me when I was younger. I guess she didn't read them too. :D Anyway, I'll also try to find all the books in both series.

As I was searching the Internet, I came across a website which sells Enid Blyton vintage Famous Five books for up to £320.00!!! That's like MYR1790! The complete Famous Five series in hardback. They are the early edition books. Wow. RM1790? Hmm, now that I think of it, it's not impossible. But am I willing to spend that much on only 21 books?






Just look at them. Are you drooling already?

This is even worse. £640.00 for one copy of The Island of Adventure! That's RM3581!!! It is rare and out of print.


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVED Enid Blyton's books - I think I read every single one of 'em in print at that time. This was also about 25 years ago, hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, I HAVE read the Famous Five and Secret Seven books but I think they were all from our school library!

    Remember that when I was little, our parents didn't have money to buy us books :P

    Gosh...now you make me wonder if those piles they'd sold off at the secondhand bookstore MAY have contained some precious Enid Blytons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. drey: Nice to meet another Enid Blyton fan! :D I wish I'd read more of her books last time but no worries since I'm trying to catch up now.

    The Sister: Okay, maybe you forgot to tell me about it! Haha! Hmm, during my school days, I don't know why I wasn't attracted to the Famous Five books. Some of my classmates just kept borrowing them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...