Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.
Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.
So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?
This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
I'm sure that there are more than seven things to be thankful for but I'll list down what comes to mind.
I'm thankful that:
1) I have all my five senses, I can touch, taste, see, hear, smell, talk, write, walk, run, smile, laugh. Okay, so it's more than five senses but I'm grateful for them. I'm thankful for being what and who I am.
2) I have a family and also friends around me.
3) I have a home, a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, food on the table, good books to read, some money to spend.
4) I have an interest in many things so that I'll be kept busy and hopefully be able to do something to give something good back to the world.
5) I live in a country where there's no war and no poverty.
6) I have the chance to go to university and learn new things to make me a better-informed person.
7) I am free to do almost anything I want.
8) I live in a beautiful world with rain and sun. The rain to make plants grow, to cool the temperature and to wash the car. The sun to dry the clothes.
9) For anything else that I can't think of but I know I'm thankful for them, whatever they are!
Last but not least, Happy Thanksgiving to the wonderful people celebrating it!!!