Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being Thankful

This week's Booking Through Thursday question:

Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.

Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.

So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.


My answer:

I'm sure that there are more than seven things to be thankful for but I'll list down what comes to mind.

I'm thankful that:

1) I have all my five senses, I can touch, taste, see, hear, smell, talk, write, walk, run, smile, laugh. Okay, so it's more than five senses but I'm grateful for them. I'm thankful for being what and who I am.

2) I have a family and also friends around me.

3) I have a home, a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, food on the table, good books to read, some money to spend.

4) I have an interest in many things so that I'll be kept busy and hopefully be able to do something to give something good back to the world.

5) I live in a country where there's no war and no poverty.

6) I have the chance to go to university and learn new things to make me a better-informed person.

7) I am free to do almost anything I want.

8) I live in a beautiful world with rain and sun. The rain to make plants grow, to cool the temperature and to wash the car. The sun to dry the clothes.

9) For anything else that I can't think of but I know I'm thankful for them, whatever they are!

Last but not least, Happy Thanksgiving to the wonderful people celebrating it!!!

8 comments:

  1. Nice list! Enjoy the day even if it isn't a national holiday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list sounds much like mine. Please come visit. Happy Booking Through Thursday. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth F: Thanks! So's yours! Sure I'll enjoy my day... :)

    Smilingsal: Yes, we are thankful for almost the same things! :) I have already commented on yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...no war and no poverty..."!

    Wow! I had no idea! If my job does end up victimized you may find me at your door in Malaysia! :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list - I especially like number 4. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluestocking: I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! :)

    NoBS: Yeah, it's pretty peaceful where I live. :) You're welcome to visit anytime!

    Lisa: Thanks! I hope you enjoyed yours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thanks giving was great I spent it in New York. Crazy busy with so many people around. After the Parade I went for a walk and found myself in Barnes and Noble. I found a really good book in there called Awake (Are We)? Part 1. Now all the harry potter books are finished I thought it was time to see the next one in line. This book is wicked. Its like the LOTR and Narnia but with a twist about dreams and nightmares and dream watchers.

    I can not put this down and so can not wait for the next part to come out.

    If your looking for a new read try it. I noticed it was cheaper online at the barnes and noble website I even found it on Amazon. See without having thanks giving in New York I would not of found it. So I am thankful for that.

    Give it a try!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...