Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reading Marathon

Now that my holidays have just begun, it's time for me to read as much as I can! And I mean reading story books, not school books! :D

A few hours ago, I finished Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern. Click on the title to read my review.

It's a pretty good book with a different way of telling the story. Ahern used e-mails, letters, instant messages and other ways to tell the story of Alex and Rosie. Yep, fate just can't stop meddling with these two poor souls. They had to go through so much before finally getting together. And only when they're 50 years old!

All the same, I learnt two new facts:

1) Cecelia Ahern's dad was the Prime Minister of Ireland.
2) Cecelia Ahern's sister is married to Nicky Byrne, a member of Westlife.

Incredibly interesting!

I was searching on Google Blog Search for other reviews of Where Rainbows End but couldn't find complete reviews. Apparently a lot of teenagers and young adults have read and loved this book! Well, it is a love story after all. Even my mom read it halfway and she rarely reads fiction nowadays.

Anyway, most of the reviews I found were sweet and short ones. So if you're read and reviewed this book, do leave the links in the comments box. I'd like to link to other reviews.

So, what to read next? I have to start reading those review books that were sent to me since months ago. Perhaps I'll get started on Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer. Oh dear, another Georgette Heyer book... Frankly, I'm not looking forward to it but I need to review it! Hopefully it'll be better than Friday's Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...