Monday, June 14, 2010

Now Reading Reloaded plugin installed!


A couple of years ago, I came upon the Now Reading plugin (for Wordpress blogs) by Rob Miller. Some blogs are using it to show books they've read or planning to read and I wanted it for my Wordpress blog too. It looked so good! Still do.

I was a newbie in HTML at that time so I didn't know how to install it successfully. The instructions looked easy but somehow, something was not right somewhere. So I gave up. I would go back to the plugin some time after that to try and make it work but no luck. Last week, I tried again. Still doesn't work.

Anyway, I was lucky to find a similar/updated/modified version of the same plugin and it's called Now Reading Reloaded by Ben Gunnink. I spent almost a whole day working on and doing some tweaking to the plugin to make it look 100% okay on my blog. You can see how my Library page looks like now. :)

Mind you, it wasn't easy to make it look proper. I had to make adjustments to the plugin's templates so that the pages didn't look broken up. I Googled many times for tips, tricks, anything that would give me an idea on how to fix the problems.

Thank goodness I found this blog, davidedwardsphotos.com and read how he tweaked the plugin. The blog Planet Mediocrity helped me too. I also found good advice from the support forum related to this plugin.

You may visit the abovementioned websites should you need help in installing this plugin. :)

4 comments:

  1. Good job and thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah wah Jo.what a relief kan after da slesai sume tuh.aku penah alaminye.musti mau cuba juga lah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this page while Googling the plugin. I love your library and I agree, this plugin rocks! I've been using it for years. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ko0ty: Hey there. Yeah, I love the plugin too but lately, some of the books' images don't appear. I've just seen your Library page and it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...