Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tomes On My Shelf

It's Booking Through Thursday on a Wednesday! I thought I'd gotten my days mixed up but nope, it's true. BTT on a Wednesday and frankly, who cares??? Anyway, the question for the week is:

What tomes are waiting patiently on your shelves?

1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
2. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
3. The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien
4. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
5. Queen Camilla by Sue Townsend

Tomes, tomes, tomes. Oh dear, if only I had more than 24 hours in a day! Since I'm a slow reader, it'll usually take me a few days to finish a normal paperback book. Imagine if I had to read thicker books! I don't have the time now to read for pleasure so my story books will have to wait. My exams are looming round the coner, therefore it's common sense that I hit the right books! :D

Happy BTT everybody!

12 comments:

  1. I wish I had more time for reading too.

    Anna Karenina is a long book, but I was surprised at how quickly I read it - maybe when your exams are over you'll have time to read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot Anna Karenina. I am at page 119 since last three years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Anna Karenina is another one on the shelf. It made it to the bedroom at least. Now I just have to start reading it.

    My post is up.

    Robin of mytwoblessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I found your blog through BTT.

    Anna Karenina is also on my list. I've always wanted to love it, so I was most disappointed. Do you have exams now as well? I'm starting tomorrow! Good luck =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fellowship of the Ring is one I do not think I could ever get through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. booksplease: Wow, how long did it take you to read it?? Oh yes, I'll definitely have more time to read after my exams. Can't wait!

    gautami tripathy: Haha! Are you planning to continue reading from page 119?

    my two blessings: That's good progress for Anna Karenina. Yes, do consider picking it up from your nightstand next!

    tuesday: Why were you disappointed? My exams will start next month but preparation will have to begin now. All the best to you too!

    the social frog: Why not?? I enjoy watching the movies but I don't really look forward to reading the book actually...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have longer days so that I could read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you find time to read a book in even two or three days and go to university at the same time! I'd be more like a book or two a month if I was still taking classes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Anna Karenina lingering on my TBR shelf too. I do most of my reading on the train and Anna K is a bit heavy to lug around in my purse. Maybe I need to take some days off from work to just read it straight through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you should read Eclipse! I just love this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. smilingsal: That's what I want too! Longer days. :D

    shana: I don't know how I did it either. But less reading now as exams are just around the corner! :0

    shelburns: Hope you start reading it soon and write a review on it!

    mangomissives: Wow, your train journeys must be long if you can read much in there. :D Hope you finish Anna K. soon!

    melody: I know!!! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...