Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teen Read Week 2008

Since Teen Read Week is next week and this is the first time I've heard about it, I might just as well write something about it. I'm not a teen anymore, just got out of it, but nevertheless, I still enjoy reading teen and young adult books. Well, I am a young adult anyway, so it's right that I should be reading YA books. But then, YA books are being read by everyone now of all ages. It definitely appeals to a lot of people.

So how are you going to celebrate Teen Read Week? This year's TRW will be from Oct 12, 2008 until Oct 18, 2008. How did you celebrate it last year?

I won't be celebrating but I hope to read a book or two. No more assignments to do but I still have one presentation to prepare for. Hopefully, I can read something this weekend!

Anyway, you can vote for your favourite teen books for 2008 Teens' Top Ten next week. Readers from the ages 12 till 18 are eligible to vote over here.

26 books are being nominated and here they are:

  1. Before I Die by Jenny Downham
  2. Betrayed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
  3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  4. Daemon Hall by Andrew Nance & Colin Polhemus, illus
  5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
  6. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  7. Extras by Scott Westerfeld
  8. Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
  9. Genesis Alpha by Rune Michaels
  10. Glass by Ellen Hopkins
  11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  12. Ironside: A Modern Faery's Tale by Holly Black
  13. Jango by William Nicholson
  14. Jinx by Meg Cabot
  15. The Luxe by Anna Godberson
  16. Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
  17. Penelope by Marilyn Kaye
  18. Saving Zoe by Alison Noel
  19. Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
  20. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
  21. Tamar by Mal Peet
  22. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
  23. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  24. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  25. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
  26. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

Sadly, I've only read one book from the list above, which is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I have Eclipse and The Sweet Far Thing in my TBR stack though. I also have the movie version of Penelope but I haven't watched it yet. I didn't know that there was a book version of it! Which ones have you already read?

Curious to know about 2007 Teens' Top Ten? I was curious too and found the list! Here it is:

  1. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  2. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
  3. How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles
  4. Maximum Ride: School’s Out – Forever by James Patterson
  5. Firegirl by Tony Abbott
  6. All Hallows Eve (13 Stories)by Vivian Vande Velde
  7. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
  8. River Secrets by Shannon Hale
  9. Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
  10. Road of the Dead by Kevin Brooks


For years before 2007, just head on over to the ALA site and check them out.

2 comments:

  1. haha none of the books i read listed! damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. faisal: Haha! It's okay. Not all books will have the honour of being nominated by teens.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...