Saturday, October 11, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Another Book Meme

This week's BTT has got to be one of the easiest! Just answer some simple questions about.....yeah, books again! Isn't that fun???

What was the last book you bought?

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I bought it from Acmamall and it only arrived yesterday. I'm at Chapter Two now.

Name a book you have read MORE than once.

The True Story of Lilli Stubeck by James Aldridge.

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

I think so....every book is different. But some books have left me thinking quite a lot, like 1984 by George Orwell.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

It's not very hard for me to choose a book. But I usually go more for the story. I love a good story. So I'll say that I'll read what the book's about and if I want to know more about the book, I'll just buy it.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

Fiction!

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

Gripping plot. Who cares about the writing if there's no good story to get lost into?

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Christopher from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

I don't have a nightstand but I do have a 'TBR pile'. Eclipse, Where Rainbows End, Tweak, The Devil Wears Prada, A Countess Below Stairs, Queen Camilla, A Northern Light and lots more!

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. Exactly one week ago.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Yes. Diary of a Girl in Changi. It was terribly boring.

2 comments:

  1. i just recently read the first three in the A Wrinkle in Time series and i think the first is the best. enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. melanie: Hi there, I didn't really enjoy A Wrinkle in Time unfortunately! But I plan to read the other books in the series to see how it goes. Thank you for your comment! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...