Friday, October 5, 2007

Buka puasa stalls and food

It’s that time of the year again where there are numerous Raya stalls springing up everywhere, including outside of my university hostel! The hawkers have begun setting up their stalls around 5 p.m. and I’m not sure what time they close. But when I checked around 10 p.m. something, there wasn’t a stall in sight! They must have gone home to continue ‘buka puasa’.

Anyway, yesterday I bought some food from them for the first time. Beef kebab, murtabak ayam, leng chi kang and some jellies. That’s a lot of food for one person, huh? Well, never mind. For me, it means only one thing. Party time!!!

It’s true; I can be a glutton at times but this only happens once in a while. I don’t always stuff myself with food. Ah, I like to stuff myself with books. Story books. ;D

Well, the summary. The beef kebab was okay. I first tasted kebab when I was in Form 5 and I’ve never tasted the same kebab again. The kebab I ate in Form 5 was absolutely delicious!

The murtabak ayam came with the pink-coloured onions. The murtabak was just fine, too. When I bought from them, it was already cooked long ago so it wasn’t hot or even warm anymore.

Next up: the jellies. I love jellies but not these jellies. My favourite jelly has always been the regular dark pink, syrup-flavoured jelly that you can usually find at Malay stalls. Anyway, I bought three kinds of jellies. All were multi-coloured and had ‘nata de cocos’ in them. I like ‘nata de cocos’, if that’s the right term for those quite solid cubic jellies.

The ‘best’ one was the leng chi kang. I’ll never buy leng chi kang from that stall ever again. Yeah, sure it had all the jellies and fungus and those small frog eggs in it. I still don’t know the right name for that. I’ll find out later.

And all that was my dinner yesterday. Tomorrow I’ll buy other types of food from other stalls. It won’t hurt to try. =D

2 comments:

  1. Is that what you've been up to??? Hahaha good to know that books go well with food too...

    Did you see any Nasi Kerabu Kelantan - it's a blue rice that comes with a lot of condiments YUMMMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's hard to resist visiting the many Ramadhan stalls out there...

    No, I haven't seen such blue rice. Maybe at another pasar Ramadhan.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...