Friday, October 26, 2007

The Alanna Book

Now that I think back, the first fantasy book I ever read was probably Alanna: The First Adventure. The RM12.90 hardcover book belongs to my sister. I think she brought it over one day for me to read. I don't remember how old I was but I know I was still in primary school so it's quite a long time ago.

When I finished the book, I loved it! I wondered if there were any other books written by Tamora Pierce but didn't bother to really find out. Last time, I had no computer, no Internet, and I didn't read newspapers. I have no idea what I did back then!

The most vivid memory is me playing with my neighbourhood friends at the field. Reading fantasy books wasn't a priority. But, I had lots of Enid Blyton books though. I thought I'll only read Enid Blyton books for as long as I live because I love her books so much! However, my sis did advise me to read a variety of books. I asked her why and she said it's better to read a variety. That's all, I did't ask anymore!

Anyway, after reading that book by Pierce, my sis took it back and I forgot all about it. At times, I did think about it but like I said, I did not take the initiative to find out more about it. During secondary school, I read mostly Sweet Valley, especially the Junior High books. I could only afford such books by the way. Books were a luxury to me. I preferred to spend my pocket money on food. =) Plus, I did not always visit bookshops.

But now, I'm so glad I found out more about the Alanna books! That book I read is the first book in The Song of the Lioness series. There are 4 books altogether in this series. Here they are in order:

1. Alanna: The First Adventure
2. In The Hand Of The Goddess
3. The Woman Who Rides Like A Man
4. Lioness Rampant

I couldn't find 'In the Hand of the Goddess' in Borders and MPH. I didn't check Popular though but it's ok, I found it on Acmamall! Yeah! So, I'll buy sometime soon. All 4 books are available at Acmamall. I'm disappointed that those books are out of stock on MPH Online. Hmm, Borders? I don't remember. I know they have Trickster's Choice and other books from her other series. If possible, I'll try to read as many books by her!

Wow, I just checked out Wikipedia - Tamora Pierce about Tamora Pierce's books. She wrote so many! I'll have to go on a Tamora Pierce marathon some day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder - I have to check her out! I've heard she does well with strong female leads...
    Kaza Kingsley
    Author of the Erec Rex series
    http://www.erecrex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yup, read Pierce's books. She's good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...