Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Booking Through Thursday #1

It may not be a Thursday today but it's still okay to do it today on a Tuesday! Plus this is my very first time participating in 'Booking Through Thursday'! This is an interesting question and I might just take some time to answer it.

Okay . . . picture this (really) worst-case scenario: It’s cold and raining, your boyfriend/girlfriend has just dumped you, you’ve just been fired, the pile of unpaid bills is sky-high, your beloved pet has recently died, and you think you’re coming down with a cold. All you want to do (other than hiding under the covers) is to curl up with a good book, something warm and comforting that will make you feel better.

What do you read?

(Any bets on how quickly somebody says the Bible or some other religious text? A good choice, to be sure, but to be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of fiction…. Unless I laid it on a little strong in the string of catastrophes? Maybe I should have just stuck to catching a cold on a rainy day….)

Man, that really sounds like a beyond awful day to me. It couldn't possibly get any worst! The only thing that I'd want to do is to eat and eat and eat all my favourite food. But if I had resorted to reading books, then the books that I'll probably choose are funny books that might make me laugh, if it's even possible.

Actually, I like it when it's cold and raining, especially at night. Rain during the day wouldn't be so nice because the clothes won't get dry. Anyway...reading indoors while rain is pouring down outdoors is totally blissful! I'd rather it rain at night, then it's nice.

There are so many kinds of books that I'll read. I will read books where the characters are in much more trouble or have more bad luck than me. Like that, I'll probably feel better. I may also read books with humour like 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon. Or 'The True Story of Lilli Stubeck' by James Aldridge. I don't think I'll ever get bored of this superb book.

When I was younger, in my early teens, I would sometimes find comfort in my Sweet Valley Junior High books. Those books are easy to read and quite funny at times.

Well, it all depends on my mood. Sometimes I may have the mood for this book but sometimes it'll be that book. It depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...