Sunday, March 23, 2008

Interview With Linda Wisdom!

50 Ways to Hex Your Lover was an incredibly fun read and I was very excited to know that I can interview the author herself! Here is my review of the book.

And here is the Q & A session with Linda Wisdom!

1. What inspired you to write 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover?

LW: It was more like this witch popped up inside my head and said "Have I got a story for you!" I knew the class of 1313 would be expelled from the Witches Academy for wrongdoing, but they would be returned if they behaved for 100 years. Except 700 years they're still out there. And that Jazz would be this totally fun person anyone would love to hang out with. She pretty much wrote the book for me.

2. Is Jazz based on a real person?

Friends have told me she sounds a lot like me. She's who I'd want to be.

3. Which character did you enjoy writing about the most?

I loved Jazz, naturally and Irma was a hoot, but the fun one was Dweezil, Jazz's boss. He's a creature all his own, so politically incorrect he's a riot and there's secrets about him that Jazz is still trying to figure out. It's obvious he never had any friends.

4. Does Jazz have parents? If yes, would they be a witch and wizard?

Jazz grew up in a fishing village along the Irish Sea. Her father was a fisherman and her mother your stay at home mom. How the witches are found and brought to the academy will show up in a future book.

5. How long did it take to write this book?

I had the book partially written when I sold it so all in all, I'd say about 4 1/2 mos.

6. Who is your favourite author(s)?

How long do you have? Yasmine Galenorn, Annette Blair, Jim Butcher, Candace Havens, Anton Strout, Michele Bardsley, Sherrilyn Kenyon and many more.

7. What books do you like to read? What books did you like to read when you were a child/teen?

I love paranormal and mysteries. My parents gave me a ton of different fairy tale books, including some with fairy tales from other countries, so I loved them. Also Nancy Drew and historical romances.

8. Have you always wanted to become a writer?

Very much so. I was always writing my own stories.

9. Wow! You’ve sold more than 70 novels! How do you feel about that? What was your first book?

Sometimes amazed I'm still writing. My first book was a traditional romance, Dancer in the Shadows which came out in 1980.

10. You have another book coming soon, which is Hex Appeal. Will there be many more of Jazz’s adventures?

Jazz will show up in my third book, Wicked By Any Other Name which features Stasi, one of her witch friends and my editor has asked me to come up with more Jazz ideas, so I'd say yes.

11. Why is magickal spelt as it is?

It's an old fashioned way of spelling it and fit the witches.

I hope it's not a lot of questions!

Oh no!

:) My very first interview with an author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...