Saturday, January 26, 2008

Things Are Not What They Seem

Were you attracted to Acmamall's latest promotion where you can get 50% off for your second purchase? That's what they said: 50% off every 2nd item purchased.

So I thought that I'd choose a book that costs RM17.50. Then, the second item that I'd choose would be Libba Bray's The Sweet Far Thing, which cost around RM70+++. I thought it will be in sequence, like the second item that I click to buy will be discounted. Hah! I thought the Libba Bray book would be sold at half price since they said that I'll get a 50% off my second item.

Then I entered the promotional code and checked the total amount. It was still around RM70+++. I thought that my sequence in clicking was wrong. So I removed the items in my basket and clicked again. This time, I click Libba Bray's book first and then only I clicked on the cheaper book. The items were arranged in alphabetical order and Libba Bray's book was number 1.

No matter what sequence it was, the total price was still RM70 over. Then, I went over to the FAQ section or somewhere else that the item that will be given the 50% discount would be the CHEAPER book. Now how about that?

I knew it was too good to be true. And no way am I gonna pay RM70 for the new Libba Bray book. It's too expensive for a student like me. I'll wait and see if any bookstores are having a sale or something.

See? Things aren't always what they seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...