Thursday, August 16, 2007

How Does Your Home Library Look Like?

Whoa, just check out other people's libraries from this blog, that is Your home library. If you are very proud of your big/small collection of books, why not take a good picture of it and send to Kimbooktu, whose idea it was to collect pictures of home libraries from all over the world.

I would love to send in a pic of my own little library but compared to the others, it's quite pathetic! Haha! There is one guy who claimed to have owned 3000 over books and he's been buying 500 books a year since 2004!

Wow...if I were to buy around 500 books a year, it means that I'll be buying around 41 books a month. If I were to buy 41 books a month, I wouldn't be able to finish reading all of them in a month anyway. And let's say a book costs around RM20 (most books now cost around RM30++ but I'm using RM20 as an average), then I'll be spending almost RM820 per month only on books.

Huh! No money lah like that! I love books but I can't be spending almost a thousand ringgit on books alone. Unless I'm a millionaire, then it'd be absolutely not a problem at all!

Hmm...my library isn't that bad actually. In fact, there's no more room for my new books on my bookshelf. That's why I keep the new books on my study table temporarily before I find a comfortable place for them. My shelf is full of Enid Blytons, Sweet Valley Junior Highs (can't bear to sell them off), a number of illustrated classic books my sis gave me one Christmas, and various other titles.

So, it's not that bad, huh?

Truthfully, I was in total awe when I saw the pictures of the submitters' libraries. I've always dreamt of owning tall bookshelves filled with all my books. If possible, I'd want the library in the Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast. The library in the Beast/prince's castle. Haha! It may only be a cartoon but it's a pretty impressive-looking library. Shelves covering all the walls of the room.

If you don't want to submit a picture to the 'Your home library' blog, why not tell me how your home library looks like? I'd like to hear all about it! Even if it's only one or two rows, I don't mind. It's YOUR library. Be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...