Thursday, April 5, 2007

My Stupid Mistake!

Oh gosh, I made a huge, horribly huge, simply terrible mistake yesterday!!!

I’m currently reading Rebel Angels by Libba Bray and I was so excited to know who the baddie would be. Okay, Circe is the bad sorceress and I was wondering who would she be. Would she be someone Gemma, the heroine, knows? Or someone Gemma hasn’t met?

Augh! I really wanted to find out by reading the book myself but I was too curious! Yesterday, I was just browsing through Wikipedia and typed in Libba Bray for fun to see what’s written about her and also to see what’s written about the books she wrote.

First, I went to the page on her first book, A Great and Terrible Beauty. Okay, it was informative and I got a clearer picture of the story. Then, I had to click on the link leading to the page on Rebel Angels. Oh, I should not have done that! Totally shouldn’t have!

I read the page, that’s what happened. I could not contain my curiosity. Why, oh why did I read it all? When my eyes came to the sentence revealing Circe’s identity, I regretted what I’d done immediately. Now, reading the book would not be so fun and suspenseful anymore since I found out Circe’s secret identity.

Moral of the story: Never go to Wikipedia or any other website related to the book that you are reading. Ever! It will ruin your reading like how I disrupted mine. Of all the tragedies.

Sigh……never mind. I still have more than half the book to savour. It’s still quite full of suspense to me although the biggest mystery of it had been solved accidentally. There are still other mysteries to uncover. =)

Hey, I also did not know that there were a handful of fan sites for the characters in A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. Both of the books are indeed popular. Besides that, the third book will be out in September 2007.

I can’t wait for it. And I certainly would not make the same horrendous mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...