Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's Happenin'

Yeah! I received two books yesterday. They are 'Friday's Child' and 'Black Sheep' and both were written by Georgette Heyer. Before this, I had no idea who Georgette Heyer was. When I was asked if I'd like to review the books, I did a search on her first before saying yes. Heyer wrote historical novels and romance books, so I'm sure many of you may be interested. Look at how popular books by Danielle Steel and Julia Quinn and other romance authors are. Anyway, I wonder if there are any Malaysians who have read Heyer's books before. Please comment if you do. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Now, I'm reading An Amazing Story by Carlo Gabbi. I've been meaning to read this book a long time ago but it's a pity that I had to read for my exams instead! It sounds like a really mesmerizing book and I just couldn't wait to get started on reading. I started reading this afternoon and have only finished 4 chapters. Well, I took multiple naps and played with my nephew too. That's why I was slow in reading today!

Two days ago, I finished reading 'Down to a Sunless Sea' by Mathias B. Freese. Sadly, I couldn't understand some of the stories in the book. It is a collection of 15 stories and they are interesting stories, mind you. I was confused and blur while reading some, so I had to read them again. Reading some stories twice and three times did help me understand them better. If you want to read my review of this book, go here!

I thought I'd change my BooksLoveMe.com theme. Not that I'm getting bored with the current one but I can't manage the widgets anymore. They refuse to work normally and that's why I can't add new HTML codes in my sidebar. I've spent a few hours this afternoon looking through the Wordpress themes available but did not find any nice ones that I like. Hmmm...maybe I'll still stick with the current theme but I'll disable the widgets function. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...