Borders has its own Rewards Card! Here's how it can benefit you if you sign up to be a Rewards member at a fee of RM20.
Enjoy 10% discounts when you buy:
1. Borders full-priced books
2. Basheer full-priced books
3. KL Commercial full-priced books
4. Unipress full-priced books
5. Starbucks F&B at selected outlets
6. Metrojaya products (on normal priced Metrojaya Fashion private labels when you spend RM100 and above in a single receipt at any Metrojaya departmental store)
Get 5% discounts when you buy:
2. Hallmark greeting cards
3. Campap stationery products
There are other benefits too but the discounts should be the most enticing. Well, the 10% discount is not as attractive if compared to Popular bookshop's 20% discount on books for members but it's a good start for those who love Borders like I do. :)
I was at Borders Queensbay Mall last week and I couldn't help noticing the signs promoting the Rewards Card. How could I not ask about it, right?
So, when you sign up, you get a normal-sized card along with two sidecards with holes on the top left corner. You can hook the sidecards to keychains and stuff. But I don't really see the need of it if I already carry the big card in my wallet where I keep my money which I will use to buy books and whatnot.
All the cards have barcodes though. The cashier will scan it and credit points for you. I will need to find out how to keep track of my points and how to use them.
Ah, I'm not promoting for Borders but I just think that the discounts are better than none at all. :)