Monday, November 2, 2009

Studying and on a Desperate Housewives Marathon


(From left: Edie, Lynette, Susan, Gabrielle, and Bree)

My final exams are coming up soon with my first paper falling on the 5th of Nov, which is this Thursday and the next paper on the 6th of Nov (Friday). My next two papers are on the 19th and 20th of Nov. After that, it's a month's holiday for me! Yay!

Last week, I spent most of my time in my university's library - studying! I don't remember the last time I have studied this hard. Well, because of too much time spent poring over books, I've been on a three-day break from Saturday till today, Monday. Yes, I've been watching Desperate Housewives (DH) and about to finish Season Three.

When I first heard of DH, I thought it was some chick-ish kind of show where the women or housewives were, um, desperate. The show was running on TV but I never bothered to watch it. Hmm, I don't even remember the first time I watched it but I knew that I was hooked right away. The housewives were desperate all right, but they sure are hilarious!

My favourite housewives are Gabrielle and Bree. Gabrielle for being a go-getter confident woman with a sharp tongue and Bree for always wanting to do the right thing and being able to keep her head held high under the most terrible circumstances. Who are your favourites?

I think the narration is very clever and there are pun lines all the time. There may be too many murders for my liking but they do spice up the show a little.

One of my favourite scenes is where Zach Young proposed unexpectedly to Gabrielle at the Scavo's pizzeria.


Zach: Ladies and gentlemen, please. I have something that I'd like to say also. Gabrielle Solis...will you marry me?

Silence. One customer begins to clap, then stops.

Customer: Should I clap?
Gabrielle: No, there will be no clapping! You, moron, come with me!


There are LOTS more funny scenes and you'll just have to watch them yourself to know what I mean. All right, I'm gonna go finish Season 3 now. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...