Sunday, October 4, 2009

Love Animals!

It's World Animal Day today (Oct 4). I wouldn't know anything about it if I didn't read the newspaper!

So how are you celebrating the day? Do you have a pet? I don't have one but I have a soft spot for animals. It saddens me when I hear of animal abuse or stray animals wandering out in the street with no fixed shelter from the rain. At least there's the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) who takes in strays and cares for them.

If you're wondering what today is all about, please read this:

World Animal Day - a special opportunity for anyone who loves animals

MISSION STATEMENT - WORLD ANIMAL DAY


  1. To celebrate animal life in all its forms
  2. To celebrate humankind’s relationship with the animal kingdom
  3. To acknowledge the diverse roles that animals play in our lives – from being our companions, supporting and helping us, to bringing a sense of wonder into our lives
  4. To acknowledge and be thankful for the way in which animals enrich our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...