Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More Fantasy For You

Who is a fan of Diana Wynne Jones? Anyone?

Oh yeah, me. =)

Hey, I didn’t know that she was born way back in 1934! I didn’t know that Charmed Life was first published in 1977! That would make her 73 years old this year. I thought her Chrestomanci series were published during the 1990s. How wrong I was!

I read in Amazon where a reader wrote that her books were quite hard to find before the Harry Potter mania. Since the Harry Potter books were sold like hot cakes, her fantasy books were republished. So, it’s all thanks to Harry Potter, huh? Well, I’m not sure about that.

Anyway, if I could, I plan to read as many books by Jones. I’ll make it my goal. My aim. Haha! So far, I’ve only read about 6 books by her. That’s not quite bad, right?

Fantasy books are very popular nowadays, do you realize that? According to Wikipedia, ‘fantasy is a genre of art that uses magic and other supernatural forms as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting’. I like magic. Magic seems so mysterious somehow.

Wow, I’ve just stumbled upon a website where there is an extremely long list of science fiction and fantasy authors. So, take a look, fans of fantasy works. You may make a list of more fantasy books to read. =)

Full List of Authors
List of fantasy authors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...