Sunday, April 1, 2007

List Out Your 10 Favourite Books!

Did you read the Reads section of StarMag in The Star today? Well, Malaysian readers (or even non-readers, too!) are asked to list out their 10 favourite books of all time and send in to StarMag. I also was not aware that April 23 is World Book and Copyright Day by Unesco (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).

By the way, you are supposed to send in your list of 10 books by April 15, 2007 and the results of the survey will be published in April’s Reads Monthly pull-out. Oh, this I’m so waiting to see. I really am curious what books Malaysian will choose. I wonder if it’ll be any different or the same with the last survey held in Britain where the Number 1 book was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

So, hurry! List out all the books that you’ve read and cross out the ones you don’t really like until there’s only 10 left. When sending your list, make sure you put ‘Malaysia’s Top 10 Favourite Books (StarMag)’ as the subject.

There are 3 ways that you can send in your list:

1. E-mail: starmag-bookpoll@thestar.com.my
2. Fax it: 03-79554039
3. Snail mail: Menara Star, No. 15, Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

From The Star:

Your list should:
· Comprise 10 of your favourite fictional works.
· Have each author’s name and each book’s full title (please be careful to spell both correctly!)

All entries MUST have the following details or they’ll not be counted as part of the survey:
· Full name
· Age
· Gender
· Occupation
· Mailing address


Are you excited yet? Or maybe you’ve sent in your list already? I know, I’m a bit late in announcing but at least I’m announcing, right??? =D I did not realize that only fictional works are accepted! Okay, that should be easy since most books that I read are works of fiction.

All right! Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. yeah im going to submit it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good. Can't wait to see the whole list at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...