Sunday, March 11, 2007

Top 10 books you can't live without!

This came out in today's StarMag's Reads section. It was quite interesting that classics are among the books people can't live without. Well, people in Britain, actually. Here is the list (you can read the article in The Star too):

1) Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen 20%
2) Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien 17%
3) Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte 14%
4) Harry Potter books – J.K. Rowling 12%
5) To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee 9.5%
6) The Bible 9%
7) Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte 8.5%
8) 1984 – George Orwell 6%
9) His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman 6%
10) Great Expectations – Charles Dickens .55%

I wonder what 1984 is about and what happened in that year. I look forward to reading the book. If I can find it in the first place. I'm also glad that many people like Jane Eyre too. It's one of my favourite books even though I've only read it once but I've watched the movie, too and liked it a lot.

Oh, and check out the
World Book Day website too. It's nice! I like the graphics. Happy Reading and enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Let me know you stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...